can be treated with best medical treatment or minimally invasive methods
The arterial system in our body is responsible for transporting oxygen-rich blood from the heart to our organs and limbs. Diseases of the arteries mostly coincide with a restricted blood flow, often caused by clogged vessels. Arteriosclerosis is a typical artery disease.
Arterial diseases can be caused by high blood pressure, elevated blood fat results, diabetes and smoking.
As treatments, we offer medication or minimally invasive surgery, inducing stents (small, flexible tubes) into the arteries or enhancing the vessel with a small, expandable balloon (balloon expansion).
Types of artery diseases
- Intermittend claudication
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD, cold feet, hands, fingers)
- Open wounds, ulcer (ulcer, leg ulcer, gangrene)
- Stroke (caused by carotid stenosis)
- Vascular dilatation (aneurysm of the abdominal artery)